Prep time: 20 minutes -- Cook time: 30 minutes -- Total time: 50 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Recipe for a yummy and healthy spaghetti bolognese made with various vegetables and ground beef. Feel free to add any other veggies you’d like to change up the flavor a bit or perhaps even avoid food waste if you have some veggies in the fridge you don’t know what to do with!
8.82 oz (250 g) ground beef
0.5 red bell pepper
1 rib celery leaves
1 yellow onion
1.5 garlic clove
14.1 oz (400 g) canned diced tomato
0,8 teaspoon dried basil
0.5 teaspoon paprika
0,5 tablespoon tomato purée
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
8.82 oz (250 g) spaghetti
- Grab your KUMA knife and finely slice all your vegetables.
- Add them in a pot with some oil.
- Now add beef and cook it. Stir and poke around a bit to break up the beef and mix it with the veggies.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato purée, basil, paprika.
- Boil a half cup of water and pour it into a bowl. Now crumble in your bouillon cube and stir around. When dissolve then add to the pot.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- If you are not busy, feel free to leave the pot with a lid on for anywhere between 20 minutes to 5-6 hours and just simmer on low heat. The longer you can let it simmer, the more flavor you get.
- When ready to eat, cook your spaghetti according to box instructions.
- When spaghetti is cooked, add it to the bowls you want to serve the food in. Then take a few tablespoons of the pasta water from your pot and add it to the meat sauce. This adds more flavor and makes the sauce creamier.
- Finally, add meat-and vegetable sauce to your spaghetti and you are ready to eat!