High Protein Oat Sandwich with Chicken & Avocado
Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 6 pieces (2 people)
Easy and delicious recipe for protein bun sandwiches with thinly sliced chicken and pesto. Healthy and filling sandwich that is yummy and so simple and quick to make! It’s great for dinner or as a nice lunch box recipe.
8.82 oz (250 g) oats
12.35 oz (350 g) cottage cheese
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
5.29 oz (150 g) thin sliced chicken for sandwich
1.41 oz (40 g) fresh spinach
6 tablespoons green pesto
- Preheat oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Pour all ingredients for the buns into a bowl. Then use a hand blender to to blend the ingredients into a dough with smooth consistency. If the dough is too thin, add a few more oats. Let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet.
- Dip two spoons in water and then use them to place scoops of the dough onto the baking sheet. Then form them to make them slightly long.
- You should get around 6 pieces from this recipe.
- Bake them in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let them cool off entirely before giving them a clean cut through the center with your KUMA Bread Knife. If you slice them too early, the bread will seem kind of wet, so it’s best to let them cool off a lot.
- Cut tomato and avocado into slices. You can use your KUMA Bread Knife here as the knife is specially designed to be highly versatile and excel in cutting vegetables as well.
Building Your Sandwich
- If you didn’t cut them open yet, do so now.
- Spread with 1 tablespoon pesto per sandwich half on the upper bun and half on the lower bun.
- Top with spinach, chicken slices, tomato slices, and avocado slices. Enjoy!
Recipe for homemade high protein sandwich with chicken
A delicious and easy protein sandwich with chicken, pesto, and veggies. We like to buy chicken that’s already cooked and sliced for putting in your sandwich. Not having to cook your own chicken makes this recipe that much easier. Then it’s just a matter of baking what is perhaps the easiest and simplest homemade bread ever and slicing your vegetables. Not bad!
How to easily bake bread and without making a mess
Who said baking your own bread or buns had to be this hassle and huge mess? We know that most baking can be a bit of a pain, but a recipe like this is so simple and easy. You just blend everything with your hand blender and then scoop the dough directly onto the baking sheet. No flour all over the table, no sticky dough clumps everywhere, and no dough all over your hands. This is one of the best and easiest ways to bake bread without making a mess and having to add flour on your kitchen counter!
Sandwich with chicken
These high protein chicken sandwiches are a safe hit for both lunch and dinner. They are filling, tasty awesome, great for your health, and they are insanely easy to make. I mean, how often do you hear “homemade bread” and “insanely easy” in the same sentence?!
The oat rolls don’t have to rise for very long at all as they are made of oats, cottage cheese, and egg (bread without yeast is so easy), and you just drop the dough off in scoops on the baking tray so you don’t even get sticky doughy fingers!
Healthy high protein dinner that is easy and delicious
The ingredients we’ve used are rich in protein so you’ll stay full for a long time after eating these bad boys. If you decide to make extra buns you can put the leftovers in the freezer no problem. When you take them out again you can heat them in the toaster and they’ll be ready to eat in no time!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!