Easy Salad with Cabbage, Apples, and Salted Almonds in Mild Dressing
Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 0 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
An easy and delicious recipe for a lovely healthy pointed white cabbage salad with apples, salted almonds, and parsley. Mixed in a mild dressing that just brings it home. This one takes just 20 minutes to make!
5.29 oz (150 g) pointed white cabbage
1.23 oz (35 g) salted almonds
0.1 bundle fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive olie
0.5 tablespoon lemon juice
0.5 tablespoon acacia honey
0.5 teaspoon sweet mustard
- You’ll need your KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Santoku for this one. First cut cabbage in half and then run the razor sharp blade of your knife down the sides of the cabbage, giving you very fine cuts. Keep going and then use the cross-chop grip method if you need to cut it even finer.
- Slice apples into dice. Chop parsley into fine pieces.
- Mix apples, parsley, and pointed white cabbage in a bowl. Chop half of your salted almonds and mix them in as well.
- In a bowl mix all your dressing ingredients and taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of your dressing over the salad and stir around to mix well. Give it a taste and decide whether or not you want to use the rest of the dressing.
- Serve your salad in a bowl and top with the remaining salted almonds.
- It’s best served right away while it’s fresh. If you want to serve it later, we recommend not adding the dressing until ready to serve so the cabbage still has a nice crunch.
Recipe for pointed white cabbage salad with apples and salted almonds
A delicious recipe for a pointed white cabbage salad with apples and salted almonds in a lovely homemade mild dressing. Cabbage and apples really compliment each other in a nice way, so they just go great together in a salad. It’s the perfect side dish for dinner.
Cabbage vs lettuce in your salad
This is one of our favorite salad recipes with pointed white cabbage. The super thin slices of cabbage make for the perfect base in a simple salad. It’s full of flavor and so crunchy. We also love rucola, iceberg, fresh spinach and lettuce types of that nature, but the extra crunch of the cabbage and its mild taste just has something special to it. Combine the crunchy pointed white cabbage with sweet, juicy apples and salted almonds and you have yourself a gorgeous salad. So simple, so quick, and so good - for your taste buds AND for your health!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!