Beef Wok Recipe with Kale and Mixed Vegetables
Easy and healthy recipe for a kale wok with beef and lots of vegetables. Marinated in a yummy sauce created with soy sauce, garlic, and paprika.
10.58 oz (300 g) ground beef
0.5 pointed cabbage
10.58 oz (300 g) carrots
1 bundle spring onions
3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons soy sauce
0.5 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon acacia honey
0.35 oz (10 g) sesame seeds
- We start by prepping the vegetables so get your favorite KUMA kitchen knife ready.
- Slice cabbage into rough pieces.
- Cut spring onion into 1.5 inch pieces (save a bit that you can slice thin and use for garnish in the end)
- Cut carrots across the middle on the long side and then cut them into thin sticks.
- Now we make the marinade/sauce. Cut garlic into very fine pieces and add to a bowl.
- Mix soy sauce, ground ginger, paprika, and acacia honey in with garlic in the bowl. Stir well and put aside.
- Heat up a pan on high heat with a bit of grease on it.
- Add ground beef to the pan and cook it so it gets color all over.
- Now add the marinade and stir thoroughly to combine it with the meat.
- Add the vegetables. Stir well so they also touch the marinade.
- Let the vegetables sauté for 5-8 minutes depending on how crunchy or tender you want them.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve your wok in bowls and top with sesame seeds and the spring onions you put aside earlier.
Recipe for kale wok with beef
We have been thinking of ways to get in some more greens in our dinner. Sometimes it just slips our minds to serve vegetables with dinner, so it’s always good to have a nice recipe that incorporates a lot of veggies. This kale wok with beef and veggies is the perfect example of that! At the same time it is also cheap to make and it is super simple and fast. In fact it won’t take more than half an hour from start to finish.
The dish is full of nice flavors thanks to the homemade marinade. The marinade is made of soy sauce, garlic, paprika and a bit of honey for sweetness. It tastes wonderful and really elevates this very simple meal to a high level.
Vegetable wok with beef recipe
One of the easiest ways to get lots of vegetables inside is making a great wok dinner. They really just call for a lot of vegetables and the veggies only make the dish taste better. You could also use vegetables such as broccoli, bell pepper, cauliflower, edamame beans, corn etc. - pretty much any type of vegetable will work in a nice wok.
Make sure to cook your beef at a high temperature. This is because we want the meat to caramelize when the marinade is added to it. There’s nothing more disappointing than beef that gets boiled on the pan rather than getting a nice caramelization which improves both flavor and texture. So make sure to keep a have your pan on a good temperature when cooking a wok.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!