Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for hasselback chicken breast with feta cheese, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. A simple and tasty way to make chicken breast - and it only takes half an hour!
15.87 oz (450 g) chicken breast
1.76 oz (50 g) feta cheese
1.06 oz (30 g) sun dried tomatoes
1.76 oz (50 g) fresh spinach
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Grab your trusty KUMA knife and trim away any parts of the chicken you may not want to eat.
- Slice the chicken breast across the short side 4-5 times so you get crevices / pockets. Cut the depth about 3 quarters through - so be careful not to cut all the way through.
- With your KUMA knife chop the sun dried tomatoes into fine little pieces.
- Sauté spinach on a pan with a little oil until starts to shrink in size. Then remove from pan onto cutting board and slice it into fine pieces.
- Mix fine spinach and sun dried tomato in a bowl and crumble in your feta cheese. Mix it all well together.
- Stuff this mixture into the pockets you’ve sliced across your chicken breast.
- Finally drizzle a little oil and fresh black pepper over the chicken.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until it gets slightly golden on top. Then remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a good side such as potatoes or a nice salad.
Recipe for hasselback chicken with feta cheese and spinach
Hasselback chicken with feta and spinach is super easy to make and it tastes absolutely wonderful. You’ve probably heard the word “hasselback” before in relation to potatoes, but hasselback chicken is definitely worth knowing about - it’s just that good!
You gently slice these small pockets or crevices down the chicken and then you stuff these little openings with a mixture of fine spinach, sun dried tomato and feta cheese. YUM!
You’ll end up with a juicy and flavorful chicken that doesn’t get dry, which chicken in the oven otherwise tends to become. Serve it with a good pasta salad, potato salad or baked potatoes. This is simple, delicious, and fast weekday dinner that takes just 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
Stuffed chicken in casserole
This is a different way to make stuffed chicken breast as you slice small pockets from side to side all the way down the chicken. The chicken is then put in a a casserole and is stuffed with a delicious filling inside the pockets.
Chicken in casserole with feta cheese and spinach
Here you get a recipe for a super delicious way to make chicken in the oven without ending up with a dry piece of meat. When you slice the chicken with this method using your razor sharp KUMA knife, you get these fine and almost surgical cuts that you can place your stuffing inside. Your chicken gets much more flavor this way compared to just cooking it normally. The taste of the sun dried tomatoes and the salt from the cheese gets absorbed in the chicken, and it just tastes absolutely amazing. This is one of the best and easiest ways to cook chicken!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!