Oven-Baked Beef Patty Casserole with Potatoes Wedges
The juiciest hamburger steaks recipe in casserole with onion, garlic, leeks, and red bell pepper with oven-baked potato wedges. A simple dinner recipe with lots of delicious flavor that’s perfect for weeknights.
14.11 oz (400 g) potatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
14.11 oz (400 g) ground beef
3 garlic cloves
1 white/yellow onion
1 red bell pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
14.11 oz (400 g) chopped tomatoes, canned
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
- Peel potatoes with KUMA Paring Knife or a traditional peeler. Cut them into wedges.
- Cover wedges in oil and salt on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Put aside for later.
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Form your beef patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop garlic into fine pieces with your favorite KUMA kitchen knife. Cut onion into thin wedges and bell pepper and leek into strips.
- Heat up a pan with some grease on it.
- When pan is hot, add patties and cook them on both sides just enough to get a nice crust.
- Now place the patties in an oven-safe casserole and put the pan back on the heat. Add some more grease if necessary.
- Add onion and garlic on the pan to sauté on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add bell peppers and leeks. Let it sauté briefly.
- Add paprika and thyme.
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes and cooking cream. Bring the sauce to a quick boil and taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce with vegetables over the patties in your casserole and then put it in the oven for 30 minutes along with the potato wedges we prepared earlier.
- Serve your hamburger steak casserole with sauce and oven-baked potato wedges.
Hamburger steak recipe with oven-baked potatoes
Here you get a super easy dinner idea that’s perfect on weeknights as it doesn’t require much time spent in the kitchen. The recipe consists of hamburger steaks that are cooked super quickly on the pan for a nice crust before being placed in a casserole. Here they get topped with our homemade tomato cream sauce with onion, garlic, bell pepper, and leeks. We serve this lovely hamburger steak bake with seasoned baked potato wedges.
Simple dinner ideas
Hamburger steaks baked in an oven-safe casserole is a nice and easy dish that you can also easily revise in your own direction. You can replace the vegetables used in the sauce if you wish, such as if you have some leftovers in the kitchen cabinet that you want to use before they go bad. Anything from zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, eggplant and such will be just fine in this dish.
You can also replace the beef with chicken, pork chops, or other kinds of meat as you desire. As for the potato wedges, you could replace those with mashed potatoes or rice. All in all it’s a very customizable dish and it’s easy to make as most of the time is spent waiting for the casserole to finish baking in the oven.
Easy dinner recipe to meal prep with hamburger steaks
Another benefit of this recipe is that you can easily scale up the portions you cook with the intention of meal prepping. When everything is cooked, just add a patty or two per food container and top it with sauce and veggies. The potato wedges are best stored in a separate container or bag and will stay best if you freeze them so they don’t turn dry. The hamburger steak and sauce can stay in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze it.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!