Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 35 minutes — Total time: 50 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and healthy recipe for a half-cut chicken with sweet potato salad and homemade garlic dressing. Everything but the dressing is made in one baking tray making it one of the easiest dinners you can make. We use a half-cut chicken that’s already been carved out so it requires no prep work.
1.76 lb (800 g) sweet potatoes
1.65 lb (750 g) half-cut chicken already carved out
0.5 teaspoon paprika
0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
1 garlic clove
7.05 (200 g) creme fraiche
1 bundle fresh parsley
3.53 (100 g) feta cheese
0.5 x pomegranate
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice them into French fry sized sticks with your favorite KUMA kitchen knife.
- Place the half-cut chicken in the middle of a baking tray lined with a baking paper.
- Pour a little oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika over the chicken and rub it gently in.
- Cover the sweet potatoes in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Put everything in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Stir the sweet potatoes around from time to time during baking.
- Now prepare the pomegranate. Split it into 4 quarters and take the seeds out. We recommend doing this in a bowl with water so it doesn’t squirt.
- Chop parsley and garlic to fine pieces with your sharp KUMA kitchen knife.
- Mix garlic, half of your parsley, and creme fraiche in a bowl. Taste with salt and pepper.
- When chicken and potatoes are done sprinkle fresh feta, pomegranate, and parsley over the tray.
- Serve immediately with your homemade garlic dressing.
Recipe for half cut chicken with sweet potato salad
If you want extra easy dinner then you have to try this half-cut chicken with sweet potato salad! The entire main dish is just put on a baking tray and into the oven. It is perfect for those busy work days when you get home and want something delicious but easy.
Half-cut chicken is perfect for this because it is already carved out so you don’t need to clean and carve it first. Then all you need to do is add some seasoning for flavor and your chicken is ready to cook. We’ve used a mixture of thyme and paprika for our seasoning. The half-cut chicken is then put on your baking tray or roasting pan with some sliced sweet potato sticks and then it’s all ready for the oven. Finally we sprinkle it with some feta cheese, pomegranate, fresh parsley and our homemade garlic dressing. So good!
Everything in one baking tray
Such a everything-in-1-tray is a genius thing for dinner after a busy weekday. It requires minimal prep work and the meal just takes care of itself in the oven. While it bakes you can quickly whip together your simple garlic dressing. So this is a delicious dinner you really don’t need to stress over, making you get the most out of your evening.
What can I use instead of baking tray in this recipe?
The Five Best Baking Tray Alternatives:
- Alternative #1: Roasting Pan.
- Alternative #2: Cast-Iron Skillet.
- Alternative #3: Braiser Pan.
- Alternative #4: Casserole Dish.
- Alternative #5: Foil Roasting Pan.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!