Ground Chicken Salisbury Steak with Crispy Fries and Creamy Garlic Tzatziki Recipe
Easy and delicious recipe for chicken steaks with ovenbaked fries, tzatziki, and feta cheese. The most delicious Greek Bowl with chicken steaks!
7.05 oz (200 g) ground chicken
0.5 white/yellow onion
1 garlic clove
0.3 bundle fresh basil
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
0.5 teaspoon paprika
0.21 cups (0.5 dl) milk
2 tablespoons oats
1.1 lb (500 g) potatoes
0.13 cups (0.3 dl) vegetable oil
4.41 oz (125 g) greek yoghurt
0.5 garlic clove
0.88 oz (25 g) fresh spinach
1.76 oz (50 g) feta cheese
- We begin with the fries. Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Peel potatoes and cut them into thin sticks with your favorite KUMA knife. KUMA Paring Knife can be used to peel the potatoes if you don’t have a peeler handy.
- Place the potato sticks in a plastic bag and add oil, salt, and pepper. Shake thoroughly to mix.
- Even the fries out on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Then bake them in the hot oven for 25-35 minutes depending on your oven. Turn them around throughout the baking time so they bake evenly and get color on all sides.
- While they bake, use your KUMA kitchen knife to slice onion, garlic, and herbs into fine pieces for our minced chicken.
- Add all ingredients for the chicken steaks into a bowl and mix it well together so you have a smooth and consistent minced meat portion. If it seems too wet, add a bit more oats but be careful not adding to many or it’ll make your steaks dry.
- Heat up a pan with some grease. Form your steaks out of the minced chicken meat and fry them on the pan for 5-7 minutes per side.
- As the steaks fry, let’s make our tzatziki. Wash cucumber and grate it into rough pieces.
- Press out as much liquid as you can from the shredded cucumber. Then mix shredded cucumber with greek yoghurt in a bowl.
- Slice and chop garlic into fine pieces with your razor sharp KUMA kitchen knife and add it to the tzatziki bowl. Mix and then taste with salt and pepper.
- Start plating in bowls or on plates. Place spinach in the bottom. Then clockwise place your oven baked fries, chicken steaks, tzatziki, and finish off topping with some crumbled feta.
Simple Greek dinner recipe for chicken steaks with tzatziki and fries
The by far most delicious chicken steaks you can make. The crispy ovenbaked fries and creamy tzatziki are the perfect combinations for your Greek bowl. This is a great dish if you want something different, easy, tasty, and healthy!
Easy ground chicken Salisbury Steak dinner recipe
The chicken steaks are made of ground chicken meat that we mix with fresh basil and parsley, as well as garlic and spices. This combination gives you the most delicious flavored chicken steaks that’s always a hit in our home. We just love food that has a Greek element to it!
If you aren’t a fan of ground chicken you can also make these as hamburger steaks with beef or pork. You can of course also choose to replace the herbs with something else if you prefer, but we do recommend some sort of fresh herbs as they just really add a lot to your steaks.
Greek bowl chicken dinner recipe with easy homemade fries
Steak and fries is never a bad idea, so for our Greek inspired chicken steaks we of course also wanted some fries to add a crispy element. We make them very easily by slicing some potatoes into thin sticks, placing those in a bag along with some oil, salt, and pepper, giving the bag a good mix, and then placing the potato sticks on a baking tray. After that it’s just a matter of baking them in the oven and turning them over once in a while so they get baked evenly and on all sides. And just like that you’ve got yourself a portion of delicious and crispy homemade fries.
Easy and simple Greek dinner recipes
If you like Greek recipes that are easy to make and full of flavor, we have more recipes available you should try! We can highly recommend these Greek Skewers with Tzatziki and Greek Salad. If you’re feeling like a tried and true classic, definitely try this Greek Gyros with Chicken Kebab recipe. Or if you love bulgur like we do, we have the most amazing and healthy recipe for Greek Chicken with Bulgur and Baked Vegetables.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!