Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 25 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for the best one pot pasta with chorizo, vegetables and tomato sauce. A quick and simple meal that’s filling. Brilliant for a busy work day dinner. The spicy chorizo goes beautifully with the pasta penne, veggies and fresh basil. I LOVE that something so simple can taste so good! Feel free to add any other vegetables you want - for instance finely cut carrots is a nice addition. If you don’t like chorizo, you can replace it with crispy bacon (or be a complete rebel and add both!). Basically this is the perfect meal to clear out your fridge and kitchen cabinets to avoid food waste.
3.53 oz (100 g) chorizo
2 garlic cloves
1 red onion
2 cups (4.5 dl) water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
7.05 oz (200 g) pasta penne
0.5 teaspoon chili flakes
7.05 oz (200 g) diced tomato, canned
0.5 bundle fresh basil
1.06 oz (30 g) parmesan
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and cut chorizo into dices. Do the same with your onion, and cut your zucchini julienne style. Finely slice garlic - use either KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Paring Knife for this task based on your preference (smaller ingredients may be easier with finesse with the KUMA Paring Knife)
- Fill a pot with 2 cups of water and crumble in your bouillon cube. Then add chorizo, pasta, zucchini, canned diced tomato, onion, and garlic. Add chili flakes, salt, pepper and a little bit of fresh basil. Bring to a boil and remember to put a lid on the pot.
- Stir around frequently to avoid burning the contents. Then let it simmer at mid heat for 10 minutes while keeping on the lid. Check frequently and if you think more liquid is needed, add a little bit of more water.
- When the pasta is cooked remove the lid. If you think you have too much liquid now, simply let the pot stay simmering without lid so the liquid vaporizes.
- Turn off the heat put in the remaining fresh basil. Sprinkle in your parmesan and mix. Now you’re ready to eat!