Prep time: 20 minutes -- Cook time: 10 minutes -- Total time: 30 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for some fresh and delicious burritos with spicy beef, veggies, cheese, and guacamole. This is a quick and tasty recipe loved by kids and adults alike. It’s also a cheap dinner to make which definitely doesn’t hurt in times like these!
8.82 oz (250 g) minced beef
0.5 pack taco spice mix
0.5 clove garlic
0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
4 tortilla wraps
1.76 oz (50 g) mixed salad
1.5 fresh tomato
2.65 oz (75 g) canned corn
Half pack fresh mozzarella
0.88 oz (25 g) picked red onion
0.2 cups creme fraiche dressing
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and cut all the veggies into small dices. Then place them in separate bowls.
- Smash garlic with the side of your blade and slice it into thin pieces / dices. Put it in a separate bowl.
- Put cheese, corn and pickled onions into separate bowls as well.
- Warm up a pan on medium heat with oil or butter (or both for best results). Add the beef and let it cook until colored all over.
- Add the taco spice to the beef and mix it thoroughly. Turn the heat down to a low and let it simmer.
- Cut the avocado open and scrape it all out into the garlic bowl so you can mush it with a spoon or fork. When you have a paste stir it around to incorporate the garlic properly. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste (remember to stir thoroughly to combine when tasting).
- Heat up your tortilla wraps. It’s easy to do this in the microwave with a piece of paper towel on top or alternatively directly on a pan.
- Serve the warm tortillas with the spicy beef, vegetables, guacamole, cheese and creme fraiche dressing.
Call them Mexican pancakes or tortillas, these are a sure hit every time and they’re so easy to make! We always make it at home when dinner just has to be quick and easy and contain some vegetables (all with no compromises to yumminess, of course!).
I know we haven’t invented the wheel with this one, but it’s a recipe worth highlighting anyway as it’s always a tasty meal and easy to make - so while you could most likely freestyle a quite similar recipe, then let this serve as inspiration if you don’t know what to make for dinner.
I also think there’s some variation to how people make burritos. We like using soft tortillas as base and top with meat, vegetables, guacamole and cheese (the guac and cheese definitely amps up the creaminess!).
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!