Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 40 minutes — Total time: 50 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for easy and crispy thyme potatoes. They are the most delicious oven baked potatoes and you can count the ingredients on one hand. They make for a wonderful side to things like steak, tenderloin, salmon, meatballs, and much more. Who doesn’t love a delicious side that only takes 10 minutes to prep?
14.11 oz (400 g) potatoes
1.5 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C)
- Clean potatoes and dry them thoroughly.
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and slice potatoes into wedges, or simply just cut them in halves if they are small potatoes.
- Place potatoes in an ovensafe casserole.
- Drizzle oil, thyme, salt and a little pepper over all potatoes. Then turn the potatoes and move them around a bit to make sure they’re all covered with oil.
- First bake potatoes in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir them around. The idea is to ensure they get baked somewhat evenly all over.
- Bake them for another 20-25 minutes depending on how powerful your oven is.
- When all potatoes have gotten a nice color and are a bit crispy, remove them from the oven.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Recipe for thyme potatoes
A super easy and delicious recipe for oven baked potatoes with thyme, salt and pepper. They only require 10 minutes of prep work after which they just mind their own business in the oven - so easy!
They are amazing as a side dish for things like beef or pork tenderloin, grilled salmon, chicken, BBQ etc. They are so versatile and really go great with many different main courses.
You can decide if you want to use fresh or dried thyme. We don’t find it makes a big difference so we often choose dried thyme as it is cheaper.
Potatoes in the oven
Potatoes in the oven is such an easy way to prepare potatoes. They get crispy and you can season with anything you like. Just add a little oil so the seasoning will stick (and the oil also helps getting them nice and crispy). Herbs like oregano and rosemary also go great on these potatoes but we most often find outselves using thyme as it just goes great with so many different recipes.
Potatoes with thyme
So if you ever need a delicious side dish for your dinner, we recommend making these easy and crispy oven baked potatoes with thyme. They are simple and taste great, plus they fit perfectly with almost everything. Last time we made them was as a side dish for a nice and greasy burger - that was so good!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!