Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 50 minutes -- Total time: 1 hour -- Serving: 2 people
Recipe for baked rice with chicken asparagus, and cherry tomatoes. This is a delicious and easy meal that’s filling and has few ingredients. Everything gets prepared in the oven safe bowl so you won’t have to deal with a lot of cleaning.
2 garlic cloves
0.5 yellow onion
1 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup water
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
2.29 oz (65 g) cherry tomato
0.5 bundle fresh asparagus
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
0.5 teaspoon dried basil
4.41 oz (125 g) rice
0.42 cups (1 dl) cooking cream
0.71 oz (20 g) parmesan
0.2 bundle fresh parsley
- Turn on the oven at 390 degrees F (200 C).
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and finely dice onion and garlic. Slice your cherry tomatoes in half (this is quickly done with your KUMA Paring Knife which is ideal for handling the smaller ingredients). Cut your asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Find a oven safe bowl and add your oil. Then add dried basil, onion, garlic, and cherry tomatoes. Use a spoon or fork to mix everything nicely.
- Bake this mixture in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the remaining things. Boil your water and crumble in your bouillon cube and stir until dissolved, then put aside.
- Prepare a bowl with your rice to ensure you have the right amount ready. Cut off any parts of the chicken breast that you don’t want to eat. Sprinkle your chicken with salt, pepper, dried basil and some oil.
- Remove the bowl from oven after the 10 minutes have passed.
- Now add rice and bouillon water to the bowl and stir around with a fork to incorporate.
- Finally, place your chicken breasts in the bowl, cover the bowl with tin foil and put it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After the 25 minutes have passed, remove bowl from oven. Temporarily remove the chicken onto a plate and now add cooking cream, asparagus and some of the parmesan cheese to the bowl. Mix thoroughly. Then put the chicken back into the bowl.
- Now put the bowl back into the oven for 15 minutes. You don’t need to put tin foil on the bowl this time.
- After the 15 minutes have passed, take out the bowl again and let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve with some more parmesan and a bit of freshly chopped parsley on top.