Easy Dinner Pie Recipe with Amazing Homemade Filling of Bacon, Chicken and Leeks
An easy and delicious recipe for a pie with chicken, bacon, and leeks in a yummy dinner pie crust. It is filling, tasty, and super simple to make, making it perfect for your dinner or a luxurious lunch.
1 store bought dinner pie crust
7.52 oz (200 g) chicken breast
3.53 oz (100 g) diced bacon
0.5 red bell pepper
3 tablespoons creme fraiche
0.63 cups (1.5 dl) cooking cream
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Place pie crust in a pie casserole. We use one that has a diameter of 10 inches (26 cm).
- Grab your favorite KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Santoku and cut leek into thin slices and bell pepper into strips. Set aside in a bowl. Now slice chicken into strips and leave it on the cutting board.
- Fry bacon in a pan until crispy. Then remove it into a bowl and add chicken to cook in the bacon grease. The chicken doesn’t need a lot of time as it will also bake in the oven.
- When chicken starts to get some color, add leeks and bell peppers to the pan to sauté for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Now fill the pie crust with vegetables, chicken, and bacon.
- Mix cooking cream, egg, a little salt, and creme fraiche in a bowl and then pour it over the pie filling.
- Bake the pie in the hot oven for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley.
Easy recipe for dinner pie with chicken, bacon, and leeks
A delicious recipe for a dinner pie with chicken, bacon, and leeks. We often make pies with a wholegrain crust as it’s more filling, but you can use whichever kind you prefer. The combination of bacon, leeks, and chicken is a true classic and it never fails. However, if you want to make variations you could try replacing the bacon with Serrano ham for a healthier and less fatty alternative. You could also replace the leeks with broccoli as that goes great on a pie.
Different dinner pie recipes and styles
What we love about pies, other than their awesome flavor and how easy they are to make, is how easily you can make variations and use whatever filling you prefer. For example, we have a recipe for the most amazing Leek Pie with Cottage Cheese and Ham. Or you could find inspiration in our Dinner Pie with Bacon Dice, Feta Cheese, and Spring Onions recipe. Pies are the perfect dinner when you have some leftover ingredients in your fridge that you don’t know what to do with.
Easy meal prep dinner recipe that’s good in the freezer
Pies are great to cook if you are into meal prepping in order to save some money on your dinner budget. Simply scale up the amount of ingredients in the recipe to however many pies you wish to make and get mass producing! After cooking your pies they will last you 3-4 days in the fridge, but you can also easily put them in the freezer. Just take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to defrost the day before you need it, or you can even put it directly in the oven straight from the freezer. If straight from the freezer, just don’t give it too high heat right away as the outside will cook quicker than the center. If you cook pies to meal prep, we recommend grabbing your trusty KUMA knife and cutting the finished pies into serving sized slices so you can take out just the amount of food you need from the fridge/freezer rather than taking out the entire pie.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!