Cheesy Crispy Quesadillas with Beef and Guacamole
Easy and delicious crispy baked quesadillas recipe with beef, cheddar, and lovely spices. A simple Mexican dinner recipe with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo.
3 large soft tortillas
8.82 oz (250 g) ground beef
4.41 oz (125 g) cheddar cheese
0.53 oz (15 g) jalapeños
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
2 tablespoons Mexican salsa
0.5 pack of taco spice seasoning
1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
Pico de gallo
0.3 red onion
0.1 bundle fresh coriander
1 garlic clove
0.5 tablespoon creme fraiche
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1.76 oz (50 g) creme fraiche
0.3 bundle fresh coriander
Pico de gallo
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and cut tomatoes and red onion into fine dice. Chop fresh coriander into fine pieces (the cross chop grip cutting technique is great for this). Mix it all in a bowl and taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut avocado into halves and remove the seed. Scrape out the avocado with a spoon into a bowl.
- Chop garlic into fine pieces and add into the avocado bowl.
- Use two forks to mash avocado and mix it with garlic, creme fraiche, and lemon juice. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Heat up a pot with a bit of grease in it.
- Add ground beef to the pot and stir a bit. Let it get color all over and then remove it into a bowl. If there’s a lot of fat / liquid you can drain it first.
- Grate cheddar cheese or cut with your KUMA Chef’s Knife or Santoku into rough pieces.
- In the beef bowl, mix cheddar, creme fraiche, salsa, chopped jalapeños, and taco spice seasoning with the cooked beef. Stir and mix well. If it seems too dry, add a little more creme fraiche or salsa.
- Divide the filling out on your tortillas. Only add filling on half of each tortilla. Fold the other half over and brush with oil. Then add each quesadilla on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until they start getting some light brown color in the edges and an overall golden look.
- Remove your quesadillas from the oven to cool off a little bit before cutting them through the middle.
- Serve with pico de gallo, creme fraiche, guacamole and fresh coriander.
Crispy oven-baked quesadillas with beef recipe
Here you get our recipe for some awesome oven baked quesadillas with beef, cheddar, and some amazing sides to dip in. We’re of course talking pico de gallo and an extra creamy guacamole in which we’ve added creme fraiche - and yes, an authentic guac doesn’t have creme fraiche but we wanted to go all in on creaminess here as it just compliments the crispy and cheesy quesadillas perfectly.
Great for weeknight dinner and for weekend dinner
This is such a simple dinner to cook yet it is still super tasty and appetizing with the different sides we make for it. It is one of those dinners that works perfectly on a busy weeknight when you want to treat yourself, but also as a nice weekend dinner when you have friends over and want an easy and yummy meal.
Baked quesadillas as easy meal prep ideas
Baking the quesadillas rather than frying them on the pan is the perfect little cooking hack as it saves you a lot of time while also allowing you to scale up how many you cook at a time. We make them with beef, cheddar and Mexican spices, and then we serve with a side pico de gallo and guacamole. You can easily put a few quesadillas in containers or food bags to store them in the fridge or freezer. They can easily be reheated in the oven. Your sides can be stored in separate containers.
Easy Mexican quesadilla recipe
We love tortillas! Burritos and quesadillas are some of great go-to meals that almost anyone will like. If you are cooking for kids and they don’t like it too spicy, you can simply leave out the jalapeños as children may find them too strong. If you want a different version of quesadillas you can also make them vegetarian or with chicken. If you opt for a chicken version, we recommend to make a nice pulled chicken so you can still flatten the quesadilla when folding it over. For a vegetarian version, you can add refried beans which taste absolutely awesome as well!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!