Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for crispy chicken with rice and vegetable sauce. Quick and easy dinner for kids and adults alike. The vegetables are “hidden” in the sauce, making it a sneaky way to get in some veggies!
260 g. Chicken breast
0.88 oz (25 g) panko bread crumbs (regular bread crumbs will do if you don’t have panko)
1 white/yellow onion
1.5 garlic cloves
5.29 oz (150 g) potatoes
5.29 oz (150 g) carrots
1.5 teaspoon paprika
0.71 oz (20 g) tomato purée
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
0.85 cups (200 ml) coconut milk
5.64 oz (160 g) rice
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
- Peel garlic, carrots and tomatoes and then slice them into small dices with your favorite KUMA kitchen knife.
- Peel onion and cut into rough dices.
- Start making your sauce by heating up a pot with oil or butter.
- Add onion, garlic, potatoes, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add paprika, tomato purée and crumble in your bouillon cube. Stir thoroughly.
- Now add water to the pot - just enough for it to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat a bit. Let it simmer until veggies are soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- Boil rice after packaging instructions.
- Beat an egg in a bowl. Fill another bowl with your panko bread crumbs mixed with salt and pepper.
- If your chicken breast is thick, grab your KUMA knife and slice it through the middle so you can a thinner filet. First turn each filet in the egg and then in the panko. Make sure each filet is completely covered in bread crumbs and then put them aside on a plate.
- Do this with each chicken filet.
- Heat up a pan with a generous amount of oil. When oil is hot, place chicken one filet on the pan. Fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Then remove it from pan and onto a paper towel to de-grease and proceed with next filet(s).
- When vegetables are soft, remove pot from stove. Drain a portion of the water into a separate bowl as it is easier to adjust the consistency by gradually adding more water later. Then blend all the vegetables thoroughly.
- When the vegetables are blended it should look like a thick vegetable mash. Now add coconut milk, mix well, and taste with salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add some of your vegetable water from the bowl little by little while stirring.
- Serve crispy chicken with your vegetable sauce and rice. Top with chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe for crispy chicken with vegetable sauce
We know you love these quick and easy weekday dinners! That’s why you have to add this recipe with crispy chicken and vegetable sauce to your usual rotation. It’s so tasty and easy!
We like to ensure our chicken breast is not too thick when we make crispy chicken filets, so if we work with a big pieces, we always slice it through the middle with a razor sharp KUMA knife. The thinner filet cooks quicker and becomes more tender, so it’s both easier to work with and it tastes better.
Breaded chicken with vegetable sauce
Breaded and fried chicken is always a big hit. To add some greens we have made this vegetable sauce which is made on onion, garlic, potatoes, and carrots. We then add tomato and paprika for a wonderful, savory, and mild flavor. This is why this meal is super child friendly. Kids love the savory and mild taste, AND it’s a clever way to get them to eat their veggies because they are camouflaged into a sauce - sneaky sneaky! Furthermore it is fast and simple to make (half an hour) and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. What’s not to like? Definitely give it a try - we really like this one!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!