Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for crispy chicken sticks with homemade chili dip. Panko breadcrumbs give the perfect crispy fried chicken. This is an awesome side that you can make in just 20 minutes!
14.11 oz (400 g) chicken breast
2.82 oz (80 g) panko breadcrumbs
0.85 cups (2 dl) vegetable oil
1.41 oz (40 g) mayo
1.41 oz (40 g) creme fraiche
1 teaspoon dried paprika
1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
0.5 garlic clove
0.5 teaspoon chili flakes
- Find two bowls. Beat eggs in one of them and mix panko and a bit of salt in the other.
- Find your KUMA Chef’s Knife and slice chicken into strips.
- Heat up a pan with vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Fully cover chicken strips in egg and then fully cover them in panko.
- Put the breaded chicken on the hot pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. While they cook, find a plate and cover it with paper sheets so we can rest the chicken strips here as they finish.
- While the chicken is cooking let’s make the chili dip. With the side of your KUMA Chef’s Knife crush the garlic and then slice it to fine pieces. Put it in a bowl with all the other dip ingredients. Stir well to incorporate everything thoroughly. Taste with salt and pepper, and possibly some more sweet chili sauce if necessary.
- Serve your crispy panko chicken sticks with the chili dip immediately after cooking.
Recipe for crispy chicken sticks with homemade chili dip
Here you get the recipe for our delicious and crispy panko chicken sticks with the best homemade chili dip. These are very similar to chicken nuggets except for the chicken being sliced into sticks rather than - well, nuggets. They are a fun variation to nuggets and they are actually ideal to make from a chicken breast as you get the perfect shape just by cutting the chicken breast across the long side into strips.
Serve the crispy chicken sticks with your homemade chili sauce. They go great with a side of baked potatoes or a good salad and just like that you’ve got yourself a solid and easy dinner menu that’s perfect after a busy day.
Crispy chicken in panko breadcrumbs
We love using breadcrumbs to make crispy fried chicken. You can also use the standard more fine breadcrumbs but we do find the panko breadcrumbs to be the premium choice as the larger flakes give you more cooking surface, consequently giving you a more crispy result.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!