Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a creamy, simple and homemade tomato soup with bacon and elbow pasta, topped off with fresh parsley and a scoop of creme fraiche. The best recipe for tomato soup. This is delicious dinner in only half an hour!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove
0.5 yellow onion
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) water
0.5 teaspoon dried oregano
0.5 teaspoon chili flakes
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
14.11 oz (400 g) diced tomato, canned
0.55 cups (1.3 dl) cooking cream
0.88 oz (25 g) creme fraiche
3.53 oz (100 g) diced bacon
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
1.76 oz (50 g) elbow pasta/macaroni
- Grab your trusty KUMA Chef’s Knife and cut onion, garlic, and leek to fine pieces.
- Heat up a pot with oil or butter to medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, leek, and dried chili to the pot. Let it sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add water, crumble in the bouillon, add diced tomatoes, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Let it all simmer for 10 minutes
- Now blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Use a hand blender directly in the pot if possible. If not, pour the soup in your blender, blend, and move back to the pot.
- Add cooking cream. Bring it to a quick boil while stirring.
- Cook pastas according to box instructions.
- Heat up a pan without grease on medium heat. Add bacon dice and cook until crispy and golden.
- Grab your KUMA knife and cut parsley finely.
- Plate by pouring the soup into bowls, add macaronis / elbow pastas in the center and top with bacon, chopped fresh parsley, and a scoop of creme fraiche. Enjoy!
Recipe for tomato soup with bacon and macaroni
The best recipe for an easy, quick and homemade tomato soup with bacon, elbow pasta and fresh parsley. This recipe for tomato soup is simple and creamy, and we absolutely love it. The added leeks, chili, cream and tomatoes make it so good. We always serve it with a scoop of creme fraiche, crispy fried bacon, macaronis and fresh parsley. This is definitely one of the best homemade soups that we know of. It is always a sure hit when we serve it at home - especially if you serve it with a side of grilled cheese!
Fresh or canned tomato?
We use diced tomatoes from a can but you can also replace them with fresh tomatoes. In that case just use the same amount. This is especially delicious when it’s tomato season and you can get some super tasty tomatoes. We do find canned tomatoes easier to use, so most of the time we make it that way. It still tastes really, really good.
Homemade tomato soup
This is one of the best soups you can make in our opinion. If you love tomato soup as much as us, definitely try this version. It has a little twist of chili which lifts the flavor and complements the otherwise mild soup very well.
It is very easy to make home made tomato soup. It’s fast and cheap dinner that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients nor time in the kitchen, so that’s perfect after a long day. If you have leftovers you can easily freeze them so you’ll have an easy dinner ready for another day.
With this recipe you get a creamy soup willed with flavor. We add cooking cream to achieve that. You can also replace that with heavy cream if you want it more thick and creamy, or you can even use creme fraiche or cream cheese.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!