Hearty Potato Soup Recipe with Zucchini, Onion, and Garlic
Easy recipe for a delicious and creamy potato-zucchini soup with crispy bacon bits on top. Vegetable soups are a great way to get a healthy and yummy dinner. The best summer soup recipe that tastes great and is very filling.
3 white/yellow onions
2 garlic cloves
1.1 lb (500 g) potatoes
2.54 cups (6 dl) water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
0.63 cups (1.5 dl) cooking cream
0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pack bacon strips
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Peel onion, garlic, and potatoes. Wash zucchini.
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and slice it all into smaller pieces.
- Heat up a pot with a bit of oil in it.
- Add all the vegetables and let them sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add water and vegetable bouillon. Let it simmer on low-medium heat under a lid until veggies are tender.
- When vegetables are tender use a hand blender or a regular blender to blend them into a smooth consistency.
- Add cooking cream, nutmeg, give it another blend, and taste with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and add bacon strips onto it with an inch of space between them.
- Cook bacon in the hot oven for 6-10 minutes depending on your oven (all ovens behave differently). Keep watch after the 6 minute mark as you want them golden and crispy.
- Remove bacon when they’re done and let them cool off a bit.
- Serve your soup in bowls with crushed bacon bits on top and a bit of freshly chopped parsley.
Healthy dinner recipe for the best summer soup
This is such an easy and delicious recipe for the creamiest soup made with potatoes and zucchini, and it’s just perfect for a sunny day. If you love potato soup but want to try a different style, this recipe with zucchini is just for you. Other than potatoes and zucchini we also add onion and garlic to give it a lot of flavor. We top it with crispy bacon and fresh parsley which really ties it all together. If you want an alternative to the bacon you could also fry some Serrano ham which will also turn crispy and savory, yet it’s less fatty than bacon.
Easy potato soup recipe with zucchini
It tastes wonderful to add a zucchini to your potato soup. Or actually, you can’t really taste a massive difference, but it makes the soup more filling as you get an extra vegetable and it changes the color to a beautiful light green. It looks gorgeous and remember; we also eat (or rather taste) with our eyes!
This is a great and healthy dinner recipe you can make in just 30 minutes.
Can I freeze it?
If you have leftovers you can most certainly freeze them. Just let your freshly made soup cool off a bit so you don’t put something piping hot into your freezer and waste a lot of energy (just don’t wait too long as we don’t want any nasty bacteria to form).
It’s very easy to reheat in a pot on the stove - you can even take it straight out of the freezer and right into the pot to reheat.
Easy meal prep ideas for lunch and dinner
Soup is perfect for meal prepping! We love making a large batch of soup when we cook. You can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days, or as mentioned above you can even freeze it in freezer-safe bags or containers when the soup has cooled down a bit. Simply scale up the ingredients in the recipe to match the portions of soup you want to make.
Simple family dinner / lunch ideas
This potato-zucchini soup is the perfect lunch or for dinner idea for the family thanks to its creamy texture and mild, delicious flavors. Plus it’s got bacon on top!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!