Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a simple yet delicious pasta dish with mushrooms, bacon and fresh parsley - all turned in the most yummy cream sauce that binds the entire dish together. This is super tasty dinner in just half an hour. Sign me up!
7.05 (200 g) penne pasta
7.05 oz (200 g) mushrooms
2 yellow onions
3 garlic cloves
7.05 oz (200g) diced bacon
0.4 cups (1 dl) white wine
1 chicken bouillon cube
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
0.71 oz (20 g) parmesan
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Boil pasta in heavily salted water according to box instructions.
- Grab your trusty KUMA knife and cut onion and garlic to fine pieces. Wash and then slice mushrooms into quarters.
- Heat up a pan without grease and add bacon. Cook until crispy and then move bacon over to a paper towel (we set aside the bacon to keep it crispy). Don’t throw away the bacon grease in the pan.
- Put the pan back on the heat and add garlic and onion to sauté until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add white wine and let it simmer for a minute.
- Crumble in bouillon cube and add cooking cream.
- Let everything simmer for 5 minutes. Then taste with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is finished, move the pasta over to your pan with sauce. Add a couple tablespoons of the pasta water to the sauce as well. This adds flavor and gives the sauce an even creamier consistency.
- Stir well and finally add your crispy bacon.
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley and parmesan cheese on top.
Recipe for easy pasta dish with mushrooms and bacon in cream sauce
Here you get a recipe for a tasty and easy pasta dish with mushrooms and bacon. If you’ve followed KUMA for a while you have probably noticed that we LOVE pasta recipes. We make pasta at home almost every week. It’s just an easy dinner that tastes amazing, you often don’t need a lot of ingredients, and you can make so many different variations.
This particular recipe resembles a spaghetti carbonara a bit, but the penne, mushrooms and cream makes it a fun alternative.
If you like this recipe and want to make a traditional spaghetti carbonara next for comparison, we have a great recipe right here - you will absolutely love it!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!