Creamy Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 25 minutes — Total time: 35 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for the best mushroom risotto with chicken and parmesan cheese. This recipe is great either for yourself or when you have company over as there’s something fancy about a good risotto. Serve with a cold glass of white wine and the classiness is through the roof! Delicious Italian dinner in just half an hour!
1 chicken bouillon cube
2.11 cups (5 dl) water
14.11 oz (400 g) chicken breast
1 white/yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
8.82 oz (250 g) mushrooms
10.58 oz (300 g) risotto rice
0.42 cups (1 dl) white wine
1.76 oz (50 g) fresh spinach
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
1.76 oz (50 g) parmesan
- Boil water and dissolve bouillon cube in it. Put aside for later.
- Chop onion and garlic into fine pieces with your KUMA kitchen knife of choice.
- Clean mushrooms and cut into slices.
- Cut chicken into smaller fillets.
- Heat up a pot with some oil or butter in it. Sauté chicken and season with salt and pepper. When it’s cooked, remove it from the pot and put aside for later.
- Add a bit more grease to the pot. Then add garlic and onion to sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until they get color.
- Add risotto rice and stir around thoroughly so the rice can soak up all that flavor.
- Add white wine and let the alcohol evaporate. This takes 1-2 minutes.
- Now add 1/5th of the bouillon water from earlier little by little while you keep stirring. When the rice have soaked up the bouillon water, add one more 5th while stirring. Keep repeating this way until you’ve used all your bouillon water.
- Chop spinach and parsley.
- Either grate parmesan on a grater or put it on a cutting board and use your sharpest KUMA knife to slice some off some thin strips. When you have a decent amount of strips, use the cross-chop method to easily chop it into fine pieces.
- Finally add spinach, parsley, and parmesan to the pot. Stir around thoroughly to incorporate everything.
- Taste with black pepper. If you think the dish needs more salt, add a little but be careful as the parmesan already contains a lot of salt.
- Plate your risotto in some nice bowls or plates. Place a chicken breast on top and then garnish with some more fresh parmesan, parsley, and possibly some more fresh black pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe for mushroom risotto with chicken
Easy recipe for the best mushroom risotto with chicken. Easy recipe for the best mushroom risotto with chicken. Risotto is perfect for an easy dinner, but also definitely as a guest meal or Friday night dinner. Risotto comes from Italy and it is yet another Italian dish that we can't get enough of. It consists of simple ingredients that are transformed into a feast if you just have a good amount of patience.
Mushroom risotto does not require many ingredients, but it does require a long time on the stove, as it needs to be stirred for a long time. But it is worth the wait. We have served it to friends and family before who think it is like being at a restaurant when we serve it.
In this version, we added spinach. You can also add asparagus, spring onions, beans or anything else - whatever you feel like. Try something different, it will definitely not make the dish worse.
Our signature risotto recipe - a must-try for all risotto lovers!
If you like our mushroom risotto, you should try our Italian Risotto with Serrano Wrapped Chicken recipe. This is the first risotto recipe we ever released on kumaknives.com, and the Serrano wrapped chicken has received tremendous feedback.
Risotto with chicken and spinach.
The combination of chicken, spinach, fresh parsley, and mushrooms is so delicious in this dish. It adds an extra edge and element to the risotto which is normally rather simple. You can also choose to make it without chicken if you wish for a vegetarian version - this recipe can most certainly carry that.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!