Smooth One-Pot Vegetarian Risotto with Parmesan Cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 25 minutes — Total time: 35 minutes — Serving: 2 people
An easy recipe for a flavorful and simple Italian risotto with mushrooms. Risotto is super good and easy dinner that takes no time to make and requires only a few ingredients. It’s definitely one of our favorite go-to Italian dinner recipes.
1 chicken bouillon cube
2.11 cups (5 dl) water
1 yellow/white onion
2 garlic cloves
10.58 oz (300 g) mushrooms
5.29 oz (150 g) risotto rice
0.42 cups (1 dl) white wine
1.06 oz (30 g) butter
2.12 oz (60 g) fresh parmesan cheese
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 2.11 cups (5 dl) boiling water in a pot or a bowl that can handle boiling water. Put aside.
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and cut onion and garlic into fine pieces. Chop mushrooms roughly. I like using the KUMA Santoku for an easy chopping job, but your KUMA Chef’s Knife or Paring Knife does the trick, too.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil to a pot and heat it up. Then add onion and garlic to sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms to sauté until it gets a nice color.
- Add risotto rice and stir thoroughly so the rice can soak up all the flavors.
- Add white wine and let the alcohol vaporize.
- Now add 0.42 cups (1 dl) of your bouillon water at a time while stirring. When the rice have soaked in the bouillon water, add another 0.42 cups (1 dl) of bouillon water. Repeat until you’ve used all the bouillon water.
- Finally grate some fresh parmesan cheese into the risotto and stir thoroughly to combine. Taste with black pepper and possibly salt - but be careful with the salt as parmesan already contains a lot of salt.
- Remove your risotto from the heat and serve on 2 plates or bowls. Grate some more fresh parmesan cheese on top and finally add some more black pepper. Serve immediately - and enjoy!
Easy recipe for Italian risotto with mushrooms
We have for a long time wanted to make a simple and awesome recipe for risotto with mushrooms which didn’t require much time nor many ingredients. Better late than never - here is the best mushroom risotto recipe you can make. It is one of the best things you can cook for dinner when you want to make something that is simple, easy, and fast but the end result screams of quality and fancy Italian dinner.
For that exact reason we like to cook risotto both as a fast workday dinner but also in the weekend when we have guests over and want to serve something fancy looking. It’s such a nice little trick to have in your arsenal! Serve it with a cold glass of white wine to sell it even better!
Vegetarian risotto recipe
This risotto is a vegetarian dinner as it is completely meat-free. You could however easily add chicken to it if you want an extra dimension. It’s not necessary but it also doesn’t hurt the dish at all - it just depends on what you’re in the mood for. We do have a recipe for a super yummy risotto that has juicy chicken breast, parsley and spinach in it.
One of the easiest Italian dinners you can cook
If you haven’t made homemade risotto before, fear not! This is one of the most straightforward and simplest Italian dinner recipes you can make. The most important thing is that you use actual risotto rice and stay patient when you cook it as you need to add your bouillon water gradually. So if you’ve ever wanted to cook homemade risotto - or have just been thinking about cooking a new Italian dinner - then definitely give this recipe a try.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!