Smooth and Warming Homemade Cauliflower Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for cauliflower soup with bacon, potatoes, leeks, and parsley. The best cauliflower/potato soup you can make, and it is so quick from start to finish.
5.29 oz (150 g) potatoes
1 garlic clove
1.69 cups (4 dl) water
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
0.21 cups (0.5 dl) cooking cream
0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5.29 oz (150 g) bacon dice
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
- Peel potatoes and slice them into smaller pieces with your KUMA Chef’s Knife.
- Cut cauliflower and leeks into smaller pieces.
- Peel garlic and cut into smaller pieces.
- Heat up a pot with some grease in it. Then add all vegetables to it and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add water and crumble in your bouillon cube. Let it all simmer on low/medium heat until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup into a smooth consistency and make sure there are no pulps. Then add cooking cream, ground nutmeg, and taste with salt and pepper.
- Let the soup simmer on low heat while you prepare the filling.
- Heat up a pan without any grease to medium/high and then add bacon dice. Stir them so gently from time to time so they don’t burn and so they get cooked on all sides.
- When bacon is golden and crispy, remove them into a bowl or plate lined with paper towel.
- Chop parsley into fine pieces.
- Serve your soup with crispy bacon dice and fresh parsley.
Recipe for easy cauliflower soup with bacon and parsley
Here you get the recipe for an easy, traditional cauliflower soup with potatoes, bacon, and parsley. It is one of our favorite soups to make as it is so easy and so yummy. It’s one of those soups that you can feel warming your soul. We like to top it with crispy bacon and fresh parsley to make it look stunning and to add an extra element to the flavor and texture.
With this recipe you get a super creamy cauliflower soup. We like using potatoes in our recipe as that helps make the soup very creamy. In addition we also add a bit of cooking cream to also help make it even creamier.
Cauliflower soup with potatoes
As mentioned above this is one of those soups you can feel warming your soul. That makes it great on a cold evening or when you just want to feel extra cozy. It is so mild and flavorful, and it has the most amazing soft texture. The crispy and savory bacon compliments that mild taste and structure just perfectly. If you want to achieve that effect but with something less greasy, you could fry some Serrano ham instead. That will turn crispy and savory as well, but it isn’t nearly as greasy as bacon.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!