Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 45 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for a yummy and flavor-packed chicken stroganoff with fettuccine in the most delicious creamy sauce. This is an easy pasta dish that everyone will love. It doesn’t need a ton of ingredients and you can make it in just 45 minutes.
12.35 oz (350 g) chicken breast
3 garlic cloves
1 yellow onion
8.82 oz (250 g) mushrooms
1.5 tablespoon flour
0.85 cups (2 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
0.42 cups (1 dl) creme fraiche
1 teaspoon sweet mustard
0.5 teaspoon brown food coloring
8.82 oz (250 g) fettuccine pasta
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
- Find your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and slice onion and garlic to fine pieces. Heat up a greased pan and sauté them until soft.
- Clean mushrooms and cut them to roughly quarter inch slices. Add them to the pan.
- When the mushrooms have cooked add flour to the pan. Stir thoroughly.
- Bring water to a boil and add it to a bowl. Then crumble in chicken bouillon cube and stir well until dissolved. Now add the bouillon water to the pan.
- Mix well and then add creme fraiche, sweet mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Taste with salt and pepper and finish by adding a few drops of brown food coloring.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. When it’s done cooking, add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to your stroganoff sauce. This adds flavor and gives a wonderful consistency. Stir well.
- Heat up another greased pan. Cut chicken breast into smaller pieces and add them to the pan. Add salt and pepper and cook them until ready (roughly 5-8 minutes per side).
- Plate with fettuccine pasta in bottom, stroganoff sauce, chicken, and then fresh parsley on top.
Recipe for chicken stroganoff
Chicken stroganoff is a great alternative to beef stroganoff. It’s the most amazing pasta dish in a creamy sauce with juicy mushrooms and chicken pieces. If you have any leftover vegetables you can go ahead and add them to the sauce. The great thing about a meal like this is that you can add different kinds of leftover veggies like that and it’s also a cheap dinner to make.
We love making our stroganoff with fettuccine pasta but you can also choose to make it with mashed potatoes instead of pasta. That’s actually an awesome alternative and we definitely recommend you give a try. It also works quite well with rice or simply just boiled white potatoes. It’s a flexible meal that way due to the tasty and creamy sauce that just works with so many different ingredients. Perfect for dinner after a busy workday.
Stroganoff with chicken
Normally you make stroganoff with beef or steak, but you’ve got to try this chicken version. The chicken gets soaked with flavor and the fresh parsley on top adds a nice and fresh little element. I actually love fresh parsley so much that I’d recommend using a little bit more than seen in the picture. If you’re looking for ideas for new pasta meals or new ways to cook with chicken, this recipe is definitely worth a shot!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!