Creamy and Easy Chicken Dinner in Casserole with Leeks
Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 25 minutes — Total time: 45 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy chicken dinner recipe where we put chicken breasts in a casserole with leeks, bacon, and a lovely cream sauce. Serve with rice, potatoes, or pasta. Super easy casserole recipe.
14.11 oz (400 g) chicken breast
2.65 oz (75 g) bacon dice
0.5 white/yellow onion
1.5 garlic clove
4.41 oz (125 g) mushrooms
0.34 cups (0.8 dl) white wine
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
0.34 cups (0.8 dl) water
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
6.35 oz (180 g) rice
0.3 bundle fresh thyme
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and trim off any parts of the chicken you may not want to eat. If you got thick chicken breasts, you could slice them in half to create thinner filets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Chop onion and garlic into fine pieces.
- Cut mushrooms and leek into slices.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Heat up a pan without any grease.
- Add bacon dice to the pan and let them cook. Stir from time to time so all sides get cooked. Move them onto a plate or bowl when they’re crispy and golden, but leave the grease in the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, leeks, and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until soft.
- Find an oven-safe casserole and add the contents of the pan into it.
- Put pan back on the stove and add a bit of grease if needed. Noe add chicken to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. It just needs to get a sear.
- Now move the chicken into your casserole.
- Put pan back on the stove and add white wine into it. Let the alcohol evaporate which takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Crumble bouillon cube into the pan and add water and cream. Bring to a boil and stir gently.
- Taste with salt and pepper. Then pour the sauce over the contents in your casserole. Sprinkle with bacon dice and then put the casserole into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook rice after packaging instructions.
- Serve chicken casserole with your rice and some fresh thyme on top for garnish and added flavor.
Easy chicken recipe in casserole with vegetables
An easy chicken casserole dinner recipe with leeks, bacon, and cream sauce. We love dishes where you mix everything together in a casserole and throw it in the oven. It’s simple to make and you get so many lovely flavors merging. We like to eat this with potatoes, pasta, or rice. For the recipe today we’ve chosen to go with rice. They just soak in that sauce so nicely.
Casseroles like this one are amazing on busy work days when you don’t want to spend a lot of time and energy cooking dinner.
Chicken in oven with bacon
The combination of chicken, bacon, and cream sauce is always a hit. It just tastes amazing together with juicy chicken, savory bacon, and that mild cream sauce full of onion and garlic. We add an extra element to it by adding some thyme. Cooking the chicken in a casserole with sauce helps it soak up a lot of flavor and also make it way more juicy.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!