Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and tasty homemade China Box with Cashew Chicken & rice in a delicious little sauce. Served with boiled rice. Who doesn’t love a gorgeous Asian dinner in just half an hour?!
14.11 oz (400 g) chicken breast
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 yellow/white onion
1 yellow bell pepper
0.21 cups (0.5 dl) soy sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
3 garlic cloves
0.41 cups (1 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1.06 oz (30 g) cashew nuts
6.35 oz (180 g) rice
- Boil rice after packaging instructions. When they’re done, set the pot aside with lid on until ready to serve. While it boils, let’s proceed.
- Trim your chicken breast from any tissue or other parts you may not want to eat using your razor sharp KUMA knife.
- Slice it into dice.
- Turn around the chicken breast dice in a bowl with corn starch so it all gets covered.
- Chop onion into fine pieces. Slice bell pepper into smaller pieces.
- Now we make the sauce. Chop garlic into fine pieces.
- Boil water and dissolve a bouillon cube in it.
- Mix garlic, bouillon water, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Heat up a pan with some oil or butter.
- Add chicken to the pan and let it sauté until it gets color on all sides.
- Now add onion, bell pepper, and cashew nuts. Let it sauté for a few minutes.
- Finally, add the sauce to your pan and stir well so it all gets covered and the sauce doesn’t burn. Turn down the heat to a low and let it simmer.
- Taste with some more brown sugar if you want it a bit sweeter. The sauce should already have salt from the bouillon and soy sauce, but if it needs more you can taste with a bit of salt now.
- Serve your cashew chicken in Asian sauce with boiled rice.
Recipe for cashew chicken
Do you want to try a delicious and tasty Asian dish that only takes 30 minutes to make? Then you must try this Cashew Chicken recipe. It is easy, simple, and so yummy. A perfect everyday dinner with chicken, cashew nuts, and bell peppers in an amazing homemade Asian sauce. It is served with boiled rice and it just tastes amazing!
How to make homemade China box
This dish is kind of like a homemade China box. If you’ve enjoyed a good China box from time to time, this recipe will definitely be just for you. The secret behind it is that the chicken gets covered in corn starch at first. While that may sound simple (and it is), this makes the chicken become extra tender and get a more special texture than normally. The sauce is made of soy sauce, chicken bouillon water (well hello there, flavor), garlic, brown sugar, and sweet chili. You end up with this amazing sweet and sour sauce that just goes perfectly with the chicken, cashews, and vegetables. Just like the perfect China box!
Asian dish with chicken and cashew nuts
Even though this Asian dish is made with chicken and cashews you can easily adjust it with whatever you may have in the fridge. For example you could easily make it with beef or pork instead. You can also try different veggies. Sugar snap peas, green beans, carrots, or broccoli would all do wonderfully in a meal like this. If you don’t like cashews you can also leave them out entirely, or you could swap them out with peanuts. Some type of nuts in there do add a nice little crunch!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!