Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and healthy recipe for bulgur with tuna salad. The most delicious and fresh salad with bulgur, mixed beans, pickled red onions and a quick homemade tuna salad. A delicious, healthy and very tasty meal that’s perfect for lunch as well as dinner - and it takes just half an hour to make!
4.59 oz (130 g) tuna, canned
1 tablespoon mayo
3 tablespoons creme fraiche
3 teaspoons salsa
4.59 oz (130 g) bulgur
1.76 oz (50 g) green pesto
5.29 oz (150 g) frozen edamame beans without shell
5.29 oz (150 g) green beans
1.76 oz (50 g) pickled red onion
- Drain tuna. The weight mentioned on the can is the weight after being drained, so don’t worry about the quantity. Mix tuna in a bowl with mayo, creme fraiche, and salsa. Salsa is just the finished kind you buy in a glass in the store. Taste with salt/pepper and possibly more salsa if needed. Put aside in the fridge while you make the bulgur salad.
- Cook bulgur according to box instructions. The weight we go after is in the dry form (before boiling).
- When it’s finished cooking, drain and wash in cold water. Then put aside.
- If you use fresh green beans, cut off the ends with your KUMA knife. Place the green beans in a pot with cold water and bring to a boil. When the water boils, remove the pot from the heat. This way the beans will still have a little bite. When you like their consistency, drain the water and add some cold water to stop the boiling.
- Put the edamame beans in lukewarm water to defrost.
- Add pesto to your bulgur in a bowl and mix. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Add green beans, edamame beans and pickled red onions to the bulgur and mix.
- Plate with bulgur salad in a bowl or on a plate and add tuna salad on top.
Recipe for bulgur salad with tuna
A delicious and easy recipe for bulgur salad with tuna. A tasty salad with bulgur, pesto, mixed beans and pickled red onions - topped with a creamy and yummy tuna salad. The tuna salad is made of tuna (surprise!), mayo, creme fraiche, and salsa.
Salsa in an unusual addition to tuna salad but it adds a wonderful extra little twist as there are lots of tasty spices and tomato in it. This is our secret little trick to making a next-level and quick tuna salad!
Salad with bulgur and tuna salad
This combination of salad with bulgur and tuna salad is super delicious! You can eat it for lunch as well as dinner, so if you make it and have leftovers, it’s the perfect thing for your next day lunch box. We love making healthy and delicious salads that are filling which is a must if it’s a dinner salad. When you use bulgur, quinoa or couscous in a salad you get a much more filling (and interesting) salad compared to if you just use green lettuce.
Therefore it’s a great little trick to use such ingredients if you generally find that a salad isn’t quite filling enough for a full meal. That way you don’t find yourself deep inside the snack drawer an hour after dinner (been there)!
Healthy lunch or dinner
This is the perfect meal for a healthy lunch or dinner. Lots of greens, good proteins and carbs that make you stay full for a long time. If you want to replace the tuna salad, hot smoked salmon is absolutely wonderful as well in this salad. If you’re not a big fan of fish, grilled chicken is wonderful as well (perhaps add some teriyaki glaze and you’re definitely onto something good).
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!