Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 20 minutes -- Total time: 30 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Here’s an easy and delicious recipe for hamburger steak (ground beef patties) in the most delicious and savory cream cheese sauce. This is easy dinner that can be made in just 30 minutes.
14.11 oz (400 g) minced beef
2 yellow onions
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
4.41 oz (125 g) cream cheese with herbs and spices
14.11 oz (400 g) diced tomato, can
1.63 cups (1.5 dl) cooking cream
1 tablespoon paprika
4.41 oz (125 g) bacon strips
7.05 oz (200 g) rice
- Heat up your oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Grab your KUMA knife and finely slice your garlic. Then slice onion and bell pepper in thin strips.
- Find a pot and start cooking your rice according to the box instructions - then put aside under lid when they’re done.
- While the rice is cooking, form 4 equally large patties with your hands. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan with oil or butter (or both for best results).
- Fry the patties for about 1-2 minutes on both sides at high heat. Don’t cook all the way through as they just need to get some color and will be put in the oven later.
- Put the patties in an oven safe bowl.
- Add some more oil or butter to your pan and cook your garlic, onion and bell pepper at medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the cooked veggies over your patties in the oven safe bowl.
- Grab a bowl and mix your cream cheese, diced tomatoes, paprika, cooking cream and some salt and pepper. Mix it thoroughly - if necessary you can use a blender to speed up the process. Then pour the safe over the contents of your oven safe bowl.
- Put the bowl in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While the oven is doing its thing, prepare a baking tray with baking paper and place your bacon strips on it.
- When 10 minutes have passed, put the bacon in the oven and cook it until crispy. It should be done at the same time as your beef patties, but check after a while to make sure.
- Remove your bowl and bacon from the oven when the time has passed. If possible, stir around the sauce a little bit to fully incorporate the flavors.
- Place the bacon on the patties and add some fresh parsley on top.
- Serve on a plate with rice, patty, bacon and that delicious savory sauce. Enjoy!
Hamburger steaks in cream cheese sauce
Making beef patties in an oven safe bowl is super easy and yummy. The food takes care of itself giving you time for other stuff such as preparing any sides, such as your rice, or simply cleaning up. We particularly love this beef patty and savory sauce recipe. The beef patties come out super juicy as they soak up the sauce they’re bathing in. The sauce is savory and tasty as it’s made of tomatoes, cooking cream and a herbs and spices cream cheese (or any non-neutral cream cheese you can find to get that tang).
We love the types of dinner where you just throw everything in a big oven safe bowl. First you fry the patties and them put them in the bowl. Then you fry the veggies and add those, and finally mix up the sauce and pour that over everything. 20-25 minutes after you have the most delicious dinner!
This is a great way to make very juicy beef patties and in our opinion much better than just frying them on the pan and leaving it at that.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!