Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 60 minutes — Total time: 90 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Delicious baked sweet potatoes with stuffing of pulled chicken and feta crème. A different and very delicious way to make sweet potatoes that you just have to try.
1.76 lb (800 g) sweet potatoes
0.13 cups (0.3 dl) vegetable oil
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
0.21 cups (0.5 dl) vegetable oil
0.5 garlic clove
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
0.35 oz (10 g) pine nuts
0.35 oz (10 g) parmesan cheese
4.94 oz (140 g) feta cheese, creamy full block
0.1 bundle fresh parsley
0.5 garlic clove
1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Clean the sweet potatoes and poke holes in them with a fork.
- Brush them with oil and put them on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Bake them for about an hour until they are tender. The exact baking time varies depending on your oven and the size of the sweet potatoes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Trim off any parts of your chicken you may not want to eat using your KUMA Chef’s Knife and put them in the water when it is boiling. Add the bouillon cube and let it boil for 20-25 minutes. The exact boiling time here also depends on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Mix all ingredients for the parsley pesto in a blender and blend it thoroughly. Save just a little bit of parsley for garnish.
- Now we make the feta crème. Blend garlic, parsley, and feta cheese with a hand blender. Add creme fraiche afterwards and mix until combined.
- When chicken is done cooking move it to a cutting board and use one or two forks to shred it apart.
- Mix pulled chicken into your homemade pesto and let it rest until potatoes are done baking.
- When potatoes are finished, remove them from oven and let them cool down a little bit.
- Grab your KUMA Paring Knife and slice open each sweet potato across the middle without actually cutting through.
- Stuff each potato with pulled chicken and feta crème. dem med pulled chicken og fetacreme. Top with your last parsley as garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe for baked sweet potatoes with pulled chicken
Here you get the recipe for a really delicious dinner with sweet potatoes, pulled chicken, feta creme and parsley pesto. The sweet potatoes complement the salty feta crème wonderfully. This is a different meal that you may not have tried before but we can definitely recommend making it - it’s so good!
The sweet potatoes are baked in the oven for more or less an hour while you make the homemade parsley pesto and your creamy and delicious feta crème. When the potatoes have cooled off a little bit they are sliced open and stuffed with your juicy chicken and then topped with the savory feta crème. It is a really simple dish and it’s great if you want to try something new.
What type of feta cheese should I use?
For the feta crème we recommend you buy a creamy whole block feta and not those pre-diced salad cubes. The creamy full block feta will blend more easily and you get a much creamier consistency.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!