8 manicotti shells
2 tbsps olive oil
1 large onion, chopped with your KUMA Chef's Knife
2 cloves garlic, minced with your KUMA Paring Knife
24 oz jar pasta sauce
3/4 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 cups chopped spinach
4 oz Mozzarella cheese in small cubes
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Cook and drain manicotti shells according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion and garlic gently for 5 minutes, stirring. Stir in pasta sauce then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet. Add ground beef and green pepper and cook until meat is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and drain off any excess fat.
4. In a small bowl, combine beef, spinach, cheese cubes, and egg. Fill the manicotti shells with the mixture.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Spread 3/4 of the tomato sauce in a 12x8x2 inch glass baking dish. Lay the stuffed manicotti in the sauce and pour remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 20 minutes, or until very hot and bubbly.
7. Sprinkle with more cheese if desired. Enjoy!