Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 50 minutes — Total time: 60 minutes — Serving: 2 people
An easy recipe for baked rice with chicken. This is a delicious rice dish that’s not too far from our one-pot recipes. All ingredients go in the same casserole which the goes in the oven. This is super easy dinner when it’s best!
3 garlic cloves
1 yellow onion
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup (2.5 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
15.87 oz (450 g) chicken breast
4.76 oz (135 g) rice
0.5 cup (1 dl) cooking cream
0.71 oz (20 g) parmesan cheese
- Cook rice according to box instructions and put side when they’re done.
- Preheat your oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Find your trusty KUMA Chef’s Knife and finely chop onion. Then slice garlic as fine as possible.
- Grab a casserole and pour in a little oil and then add onion and garlic. Stir around with a fork to make sure the onion and garlic is covered in the oil.
- Put the casserole in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile start prepping the remaining things. Boil water in a pot and crumble in the bouillon cube and stir around to fully incorporate it.
- Add whatever spices you may want to the chicken. Salt and pepper will be just fine if you don’t want to go too extravagant. We do like a mixture of paprika, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a little bit of oil.
- Remove the casserole from oven after 10 minutes. Then add the rice and chicken bouillon water and mix everything well with a fork or spoon.
- Finally, place the chicken in the casserole and then cover the entire casserole with aluminum foil. Cook in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven after 25 minutes and take off the aluminum foil. Take up the chicken and put it aside. Then add cooking cream to the casserole and mix everything around. Consider also adding some parmesan cheese here and stir again. Then put the chicken back into the casserole.
- Put the casserole back into the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe for baked rice with chicken
Recipe for baked rice with chicken. Are you into delicious dinner that’s easy to make? Then this recipe is for you! Baked rice with chicken in a casserole is similar to our beloved one-pot meals. It’s so easy because you put every ingredient into the same casserole and let it mind its own business in the oven, so there’s not much cooking nor cleaning required and you can spend your free time on other things while it cooks! The final result is a delicious and creamy rice dish with chicken that gets a consistency and mouthfeel similar to risotto.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!