Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 45 minutes — Total time: 75 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Delicious, healthy recipe for a baked chicken in puff pastry with baked root vegetables and creamy homemade avocado dip. An easy way to prepare chicken and it’s something special if you don’t use puff pastry that often. The recipe time may look long but most time is just the ingredients baking in the oven.
Baked Root Vegetables
1.65 lb (750 g) root vegetable mix
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
Baked Puff Pastry Chicken
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
7.94 oz (225 g) puff pastry
3.53 oz (100 g) cream cheese (spicy or mixed garden vegetables)
0.7 oz (20 g) creme fraiche
0.3 teaspoon lemon juice
0.3 teaspoon chili flakes
0.5 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 430 F (220 C).
- Peel root vegetables or wash them thoroughly. Then use your favorite sharp kitchen knife from KUMA to cut them into smaller sticks and place them in a deep baking tray. Mix them with oil, salt, and pepper
- Bake them in the oven for 35-45 minutter. Keep watch after the 35 minute mark as all ovens behave differently.
- While they bake let’s prepare the chicken.
- Use your KUMA knife to slice chicken into large dice (1x1 inches). Cut puff pastry sheet into 6x4 inch squares. Put 1 tablespoon cream cheese in the center and add a bit of chicken.
- Add salt and pepper. Close the dough around like wrapping a package and put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper with the opening facing down.
- Put them in the oven with the root vegetables and bake them for about 25 minutes. A good tip is to place the vegetables in the bottom of the oven and then chicken baking tray above.
- Now we make avocado dip. Scrape the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add creme fraiche and mix. Taste with lemon juice, crushed garlic, chili, salt, and pepper.
- When root veggies are done sprinkle them with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve everything immediately.
Recipe for baked puff pastry chicken with root vegetables
Easy recipe for baked chicken with root vegetables and avocado crème. This is a different and special way to make chicken and it is without a doubt super delicious. The puff pastry wrapped chicken is baked in the oven and served with baked root vegetables and a homemade guacamole inspired dip. This recipe is a big hit in our home and it is something we serve both on weekdays and weekends - and we also use it for when we have company over as it is a more fancy way to make chicken.
Baked chicken in puff pastry
Baked chicken in puff pastry is so easy and yummy to make. You simply grab your razor sharp KUMA knife and slice the chicken into 1 by 1 inch squares. Then you add a few chicken cubes and a tablespoon of spicy or otherwise seasoned creme cheese in the center of the puff pastry sheet, wrap it together, and bake it in the oven. No need to cook the chicken first - it’s that easy!
Puff pastry chicken
Chicken wrapped in puff pastry is one of our favorite ways to make chicken as it is quick, easy, and delicious. We use those frozen puff pastry sheets and what’s great about them is that they are easy to store in the freezer, so you can always have them on hand. That way you can always make a special chicken dinner when you’re fresh out of ideas.
Sides for chicken baked in puff pastry
We have chosen to make baked root vegetables and an avocado inspired dip with our chicken. The dip makes for a nice alternative rather than having to cook up a sauce. Instead of root vegetables you could choose to serve baked sweet potatoes, creamy scalloped potatoes or even a nice pasta salad. But we just love root vegetables and feel they compliment this dish very well - plus they are super healthy. Our mix consists of carrots, beets, and parsnips.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!