Simple Dinner Recipe for Creamy Chicken Lasagna with Veggies
Easy recipe for chicken lasagna with vegetables and minced chicken. An easy and healthy lasagna that is full of flavor and lovely textures.
Ground Chicken Sauce
0.5 yellow/white onion
1.5 garlic clove
0.3 fresh chili
7.05 oz (200 g) ground chicken
4.41 oz (125 g) carrots
0.5 red bell pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
14.11 oz (400 g) chopped tomatoes, canned
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
0.34 cups (0.8 dl) water
2.65 oz (75 g) mascarpone
0.88 oz (25 g) fresh spinach
0.4 bundle fresh basil
6 lasagna sheets
0.5 pack fresh mozzarella
0.1 bundle fresh basil
- Chop onion, garlic, and chili into fine pieces with your razor sharp KUMA Chef’s Knife.
- Grade zucchini and carrots into rough pieces. Slice bell peppers into dice.
- Heat up a pot with some grease.
- Add onion, garlic, and chili to sauté for a few minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add ground chicken and let it cook until it gets color.
- Add zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, paprika, chopped tomatoes, a broken up bouillon cube, water, and mascarpone. Stir to mix thoroughly. Let it all simmer on medium heat.
- Clean basil and spinach under running water and then add it into the sauce. Mix well.
- Bring the sauce to a quick boil.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn on oven at 375 F (190 C).
- Find an oven-safe casserole and add some grease to all sides inside.
- Remove meat sauce from the stove and add a layer in the bottom of the casserole.
- Add half of your lasagna sheets, and then add more meat sauce on top.
- Add another layer of meat sauce, then your remaining lasagna sheets, and finish off with one more layer of meat sauce.
- Cover the casserole with some tin foil and put it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the casserole and tin foil and break the fresh mozzarella over the top of the lasagna.
- Put the casserole back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and looks golden.
- Remove lasagna from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Add some fresh basil on top and serve.
Easy dinner recipes for dinner
We love chicken for dinner. It’s such a versatile type of meat that you can use in many different kinds of recipes. So when we’re out shopping for groceries and don’t know what to cook for dinner, we often find ourselves in the chicken aisle to get a good starting point. In this chicken lasagna recipe we use ground chicken in order to get a nice structure similar to a traditional beef lasagna. We love traditional lasagna but this is a lovely alternative to make once in a while. Chicken is also lower in fat compared to beef without turning dry, and keeps you full for a long time. Furthermore, chicken is the more climate friendly choice of the different meat types as chicken has a lower carbon footprint. Lots of good reasons to opt for a chicken dinner!
Recipe for chicken lasagna with vegetables
The most delicious and easy chicken lasagna with lots of vegetables and a tasty tomato sauce. That is exactly what you get with this recipe. It’s an easy weeknight recipe with lots of flavor but it can also be used as a special weekend dinner recipe. It’s quick to whip it all together and at that point it just needs to mind its own business in the oven, giving you the time to clean up or perhaps just relax and have a nice glas of wine as you wait. If you like this chicken lasagna recipe and want to bring it into your rotation, you should also try this other chicken lasagna variation we made.
Healthy non-beef lasagna
This lasagna is made with ground chicken instead of beef and is lower in fat. So in addition to being more climate friendly it is also a better source of protein with fewer calories compared to other types of meat. There are plenty of benefits to making your lasagnas, spaghetti bolognese, hamburger steaks etc. with chicken instead of beef once in a while.
Our chicken lasagna is packed with vegetables. We’ve used bell pepper, zucchini, carrots, spinach, and basil. You can easily leave some out or add some other veggies if you wish. That’s one of the great things about lasagna - you can make so many different variations with all kinds of ingredients in it. They’re great for clearing out your vegetable drawer so nothing goes to waste. Things like eggplant, mushrooms, or beans would also be great in this chicken lasagna. No matter what vegetables you use we can’t get around the fact that a recipe like this is the perfect way to sneak in some more greens in your everyday life.
Can I serve a salad on the side?
You certainly can. We would go with a simple salad as there is already a lot going on in this amazing chicken lasagna. You could opt for a simple tomato salad with red onion, a fresh and crunchy green bean salad, or our crispy pointed white cabbage & apples salad.
Healthy meal prep
Lasagnas are amazing for healthy meal plans and mealprepping but you need to make an adjustment for this recipe. To be safe if you want to make extras that’ll be reheated later, you need to leave out the spinach when you cook your lasagna. This is because spinach contain nitrates. Spinach and other veggies that are rich in nitrates become increasingly toxic when you reheat them (emphasis on reheat - it is totally fine to heat fresh spinach).
Having left out the spinach, just scale up all other ingredients to make the overall total portion size you wish. Then it’s just a matter of dividing it into your food-safe containers and putting them in the fridge. They’ll last your about half a week in the fridge or if your containers are freezer-safe, you can also freeze the lasagna and have it last a lot longer. So as long as you remove the spinach (if you intend to reheat your extras), this lasagna is the perfect candidate if you’re looking for easy and fast meal prep ideas.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!