Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 60 minutes — Total time: 70 minutes — Serving: 4 potatoes
Simple recipe for amazing, easy sweet potatoes baked in the oven. They are filled with a delicious dressing made with fresh parsley. This is the perfect side dish for a nice dinner when you want to fancy up your meal a bit.
4 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3.53 oz (100 g) creme fraiche
1 garlic clove
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Rinse the sweet potatoes and poke a bunch of holes in them with a fork.
- Put them on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Drizzle a bit of oil over them.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes depending on their size until soft. To test if they're done, poke them with a fork. You should should feel very little resistance when it’s ready.
- Time to make the dressing. With your favorite KUMA knife, cut garlic and parsley to fine pieces and mix it in a bowl with creme fraiche and lemon juice. Taste with salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are done, let them cool off before slicing an opening in the top in which you’ll add the dressing.
- Serve with a bit more fresh parsley on top. Enjoy!
Baked sweet potatoes with herbal dressing
We love sweet potatoes. Compared to regular white potatoes, the sweet potatoes contain more vitamin A and of course they also taste very different. White the white potato has a rather neutral flavor, the sweet potato is, well you guessed it, very sweet. It almost resembles a pumpkin. Like with regular white potatoes, a sweet potato can also be used in lots of different ways such as baked, boiled, fried - yes, even turned into French fried (which we love)! They make for a wonderful side dish for things like meatballs or a good steak on the grill.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!