Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 10 minutes -- Total time: 20 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for a fresh and tasty tomato salad with parmesan and roasted pine nutes. Turned in a mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
0.53 oz (15 g) pine nuts
1.06 oz (30g) rucola
7.94 oz (225 g) cherry tomato
0.5 red onion
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
0.5 tablespoon olive oil
0.71 oz (20 g) parmesan cheese
- Clean the vegetables.
- Heat up a pan with no grease. Briefly roast pine nuts and stir them around frequently to ensure they don’t burn.
- Grab your KUMA Paring Knife and cut the cherry tomatoes in halves. Finely slice onion.
- Cut parmesan cheese into thin slices.
- Add rucola, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl. Top with the roasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- Finally pour over olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle over some fresh ground black pepper.
Here is a recipe for a delicious tomato salad with parmesan cheese, roasted pine nuts, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It’s one of our favorite salads due to the fantastic combination of ingredients. The roasted pine nuts gives a tremendous nutty taste. If you want to add more, consider some fresh juicy grapes!
This salad goes great as a quick lunch or as a side for dinner. It has a very “Summer feel” and thus makes the perfect side for a good barbecue dinner.
Can I replace the parmesan cheese?
If you’re not too crazy about parmesan cheese you can easily replace it with fresh mozzarella torn into smaller pieces.
A great Summer salad.
This is a really delicious, easy, and simple Summer salad that most people will love. Men or women, kids or adults - it works for everyone. Serve it with a large juicy steak and you’re golden!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!