Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 5 minutes -- Total time: 15 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Talk about quick and delicious! Here’s an awesome recipe for salmon rillettes on a bed of avocado. Serve with toasted sandwich bread.
It’s a very easy recipe made with hot smoked salmon and it can be made in just 15 minutes. The salmon rillettes are made of hot smoked salmon that’s whipped up with creme fraiche, fresh herbs and red onion. It tastes awesome! The bed of avocado is simply avocado sliced up and sprinkled in salt.
For the salmon we like to use some fresh dill and chives men you can also use spring onions or parsley if you prefer. We don’t serve it with a dressing as the salmon rillettes and avocado itself are quite creamy.
If you’re not too into salmon you can easily swap it out with canned tuna or a boiled cod.
7.05 oz (200 g) hot smoked salmon
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
1 teaspoon lemon juice
0.25 red onion
0.25 bundle chives
0.25 bundle fresh dill
2 slices of sandwich bread
- Grab your trusty KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Paring Knife and finely slice dill and chives. Then cut red onion into small cubes.
- Break up the salmon in a bowl and add creme fraiche and lemon juice.
- Add the dill, chives and onion to the bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut open your avocado and with a spoon scrape out all the meat. Cut avocado into small dices.Then sprinkle with a bit of salt to taste.
- Find the plates you want to serve on.
- Start by adding a layer of avocado and press it to form a circular patty.
- Now add the salmon rillettes on top.
- Add a little more fresh dill on top as garnish and you’re ready to serve.