Prep time: 15 minutes -- Cook time: 40 minutes -- Total time: 55 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Gorgeous recipe for pork chops in a creamy mushroom sauce with bacon. Allow me to say YUM! This is an easy dinner recipe with few ingredients that you can make in just under an hour minutes (or 30 minutes if you skip the potatoes).
It is an insanely delicious meal! Most people know the traditional way of cooking pork chops in the oven but this is an alternative you will not regret. These pork chops are made in the pan and they look so good swimming around in that tasty mushroom gravy with bacon sprinkled on top. Served with baked potatoes to bring it home!
If you think pork chops tend to get dry, fear not! This recipe won’t. We take care not to overcook anything and the pork chops will consume the delicious mushroom sauce, helping everything stay nice and juicy.
14.11 (400 g) pork chops
1.05 cup (250 ml) cooking cream
2 yellow onions
3 garlic cloves
0.6 cups (1.5 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
8.82 oz (250 g) mushrooms
0,5 teaspoon brown food coloring
4.41 oz (125 g) bacon strips
14.11 oz (400 g) small potatoes
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Clean the potatoes.
- Dry them so they’re not too wet.
- Place them on a baking tray with baking sheet. Drizzle oil salt, pepper and thyme and mix them around a bit to get them all covered.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F (190 C) for 35-40 minuttes. Check frequently after the 30 minute mark as all ovens vary. While the potatoes are in the oven, let’s begin the main event.
- With the oven still on at 375 degrees F (190 C), find a new baking tray and baking sheet and and add bacon.
- Cook bacon in the oven for 10-15 minutes until it has that crispy bacon look we all love (keep watch after the 10 minute mark as all ovens vary). Remove bacon from oven and let it cool.
- Peel onion and garlic. Grab your trusty KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Paring Knife and finely chop garlic and onion.
- Clean mushrooms and cut them in thick slices (1-2 cuts per mushroom).
- Generously add salt and pepper to both sides of your pork chops.
- On medium heat, place a pan with oil or butter (or both for best results).
- Fry the pork chops until they get a good dark brown color on both sides. Now remove from pan and place them on a plate.
- On the warm pan add some more oil or butter (or both). Then add onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Sauté until the mushrooms gets a good brown color.
- Now add just over half a cup of water and 1 crumbled chicken bouillon dice. Keep stirring until the bouillon dice is dissolved.
- Add cooking cream and, if you wish, a few drops of brown food coloring to get the sauce nice and brown looking. Keep stirring for a while and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add the pork chops back to the pan and let it simmer on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle your crispy bacon on top.
- Serve with small baked potatoes.