Prep time: 15 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 30 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for a one pot pasta with crispy Serrano ham. It’s made with spinach, red onion, zucchini and bell peppers. The crispy Serrano on the top brings it home! So creamy and quick to make.
This recipe is perfect for busy week day evenings where dinner has to be quick but you don’t want to compromise on flavor (after all, you had a busy day and thus need something yummy!).
For this recipe we like using crispy Serrano ham but you can also use bacon just fine. If you want to swap out any of the vegetables you can easily things like carrot, cherry tomatoes or leeks.
We're huge fans of one pot meals. It’s awesome how they just go in one big pot and then take care of themselves.
8.82 oz (250 g) fettuccine
4.23 oz (120 g) spinach
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2.11 cups (5 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1.41 oz (40 g) parmesan
1.63 cups (1.5 dl) cooking cream
2.12 oz (60 g) Serrano ham
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Heat up your oven to 390 F (200 C). Put the Serrano ham on a baking paper and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Then remove from oven and put aside.
- Start prepping all vegetables. Grab your trusty KUMA knife and cut zucchini and red onion into small, thin strips. Put garlic on cutting board and use the side of your knife blade to smash it, and then finely chop it. Wash your spinach.
- Grab a pot and add pasta and veggies. Then pour in water and sprinkle in your bouillon cube. Put on the lid and bring to a boil.
- Frequently stir the pot to make sure it doesn’t burn and make sure to put the lid back on when you’re not stirring.
- When the pasta is cooked (usually takes 10-15 minutes), remove the pot from the heat. Let the remaining water evaporate with the lid off while stirring.
- Now add salt, pepper, half of your parmesan (we need the other half as topping), and cooking cream. Stir around a bit to thicken and melt the parmesan.
- Find the bowls or plates you want to serve on. After plating, add the remaining parmesan, crispy Serrano ham and fresh parsley on top. Enjoy!