Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
A delicious Indian dish with coconut sauce and chicken. If you want to try some different food then this chicken korma recipe is just for you. The meal will definitely become a hit with your friends and family, and it has a lovely flavor that many kids also enjoy.
14.11 oz (400 g) chicken breast
2 teaspoons garam masala
0.5 teaspoon chili flakes
3 garlic cloves
0.94 inches (2 cm) fresh ginger
0.5 x lime
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 yellow/white onion
0.4 inches (1 cm) fresh ginger
1.41 oz (40 g) tomato purée
1 teaspoon garam masala
1.69 cups (400 ml) coconut milk
7.05 oz (200 g) rice
0.71 oz (20 g) almonds
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Before we do anything, start by boiling your rice after packaging instructions.
- While rice cooks, slice chicken into strips with your razor sharp KUMA kitchen knife.
- Crush the garlic between the cutting board and the side of your knife’s blade so you can easily peel it, and then slice it to fine pieces.
- With your KUMA Paring Knife gently slice the peel off the fresh ginger and then cut into fine pieces.
- Mix chicken, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and oil with spices.
- Heat up a pan with a bit of oil. Cook mixture until chicken is done and then put it aside.
- Use a hand blender to blend onion and ginger into a purée.
- Heat up a pot with a bit of oil. Sauté the purée on medium heat.
- Add tomato purée and garam masla.
- Add coconut milk, mix well, and let the sauce boil.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Now add the chicken into the sauce.
- Grab your KUMA kitchen knife again (KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Santoku) and chop almonds and fresh parsley.
- Serve in bowls with rice in bottom, then Korma sauce with chicken, and top off with chopped almonds and parsley.
Recipe for Chicken Korma
Recipe for an easy and healthy dinner. This is the lovely Indian dish called Chicken Korma. The meal for you who love the Indian flavors and smells of beautiful spices.
This is an Indian dish with chicken in a mild coconut sauce with a twist of tomato. We can promise you that the whole family will love this one!
The meal might sound strong, spicy, and concentrated but you will find that it is actually a rather mild dish - especially for an Indian recipe. Kids will definitely not find it too intense. That combined with how easy it is to make (takes just 20 minutes!) and how creamy and smooth the sauce is - it’s a definite hit for people of all ages.
Where does Chicken Korma come from?
The dish originates from the Indian subcontinent. First time we heard about it and tasted it, we were pleasantly surprised. We absolutely love Indian food. There is something special about the aroma and flavor of Indian spices. We definitely recommend that you try this recipe.
Should you have leftovers then luckily Chicken Korma tastes just as wonderful - if not better - the day after. Makes for a great lunch box!
Can I serve something other than rice?
This Chicken Korma can be served with rice, brown rice, potatoes, or what else you may prefer. You can even serve it with cauliflower rice or another alternative if you wish to make a healthier version of the dish.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!