Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 25 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for healthy chicken meat balls with zucchini and oats - AND a ton of flavor! These make for a great dinner.
As tasty as they are, they’re also super quick and easy to make. The added zucchini adds texture and juice, and it's also a great way to sneak in some hidden veggies. We love eating these meat balls with a good side dish like a potato salad (or other type of salad). Baked potatoes also go really well with these meat balls although that's not what we're doing in this particular recipe.
14.11 oz (400 g) minced chicken
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoon oats
- Grab your KUMA knife and cut onion and garlic finely.
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Grab a bowl and add onion, garlic, and zucchini. Then add chicken, paprika, egg, and oats. Add salt and pepper too.
- Mix well. If the mixture seems too wet then add some extra oats.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat with oil and butter (or both for best results).
- Form about 12 meat balls in your hand with the help of a spoon and drop them off on the hot pan.
- Fry them on medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side until they're golden.
- As the meat balls finish, remove them individually from the heat. We like placing them on a paper sheet to soak some of the grease.
- Serve while they’re hot - enjoy!