Quick dinner recipe for seafood pasta with cream and spinach
Easy recipe for creamy pasta with smoked salmon, spinach, and cream. A quick and easy pasta dish that you can finish in under 30 minutes.
Pasta with smoked salmon
7.05 oz (200 g) spaghetti
1 yellow/white onion
2 garlic cloves
0.5 bundle spring onions
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
0.71 oz (20 g) fresh spinach
3.53 oz (100 g) smoked salmon
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Chop onion and garlic into fine pieces with your KUMA Santoku or Chef’s Knife.
- Slice spring onion into diagonal slices as seen in picture.
- Boil pasta after packaging instructions in generously salted water.
- Heat up a pot with oil and sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes. Then add spring onion and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Cut salmon into smaller bits.
- Add cooking cream, smoked salmon, crumbled bouillon cube, salt, pepper, lemon juice and a little bit of lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil while stirring for a minute or two. Then remove pot from the heat.
- Drain pasta when it’s done cooking but do add a few tablespoons of the pasta water into your salmon and cream mixture. Stir.
- Add pasta and fresh spinach and stir well. Serve immediately.
Easy smoked salmon pasta recipe for dinner
This is one of those simple but delicious pasta recipes we just love. It is really easy and quick to make and the flavors just compliment each other perfectly. We actually often find ourselves opening a pack of smoked salmon for sandwiches without finishing the whole pack, so a pasta dinner recipe like this one is the perfect way to use that salmon instead of letting it go to waste.
Quick easy dinner ideas for two
Another awesome thing is that you can cook this entire pasta from start to finish in under half an hour - AND it still tastes amazing despite being so easy!
We make it with lemon, onion, garlic, spinach, and spring onions as we often have these veggies lying around in the fridge / vegetable drawer. However, feel free to use any vegetables you want. Carrots, chilis, bell pepper, beans, broccoli or cherry tomatoes would all go great in this dish. It’s one of those real empty-your-fridge kinds of dinner recipes.
Easy dinner ideas with salmon
We love salmon in pasta. It’s such an easy way to eat some fish during the weekdays and it tastes great. Normally we would use salmon filets, but we came up with this recipe when we had a smoked salmon leftover in the fridge and figured that we wanted to make a great empty-your-fridge dinner recipe with spaghetti and salmon. With that said, you can definitely use salmon filets, hot smoked salmon or whatever type you prefer.
If you’ve followed us for a while you’ll know by now how much we love pastas! We have it at least once a week. It’s just so simple to make, you can use a lot of the ingredients you already have, and they taste amazing.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!