Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes — Serving: 4 sandwiches
Easy and delicious recipe for our beloved Avotuna. This is a healthy and filling tuna sandwich with tomato, homemade pesto, and avocado. It’s the perfect lunch or dinner. Who doesn’t love a filling, tasty, and helathy meal in only twenty minutes?
4 x wholegrain buns
9.88 oz (280 g) tuna, canned
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
0.5 bundle spring onions
0.5 bundle fresh dill
1.06 oz (30 g) rucola
1 bundle fresh parsley
1 garlic clove
0.42 cups (1 dl) vegetable oil
- Start by making the pesto. Find your favorite KUMA knife and finely cut all ingredients (except oil) to small, fine pieces.
- Add ingredients to a bowl and add oil little by little until you get the consistency you want.
- Drain tuna.
- Finely cut dill to small pieces.
- Slice spring onion to thin slices.
- Turn tuna, creme fraiche, dill and spring onion in a bowl. Taste with salt.
- Find your KUMA knife again and slice tomato and avocado to the sizes you prefer.
- Toast bread in a toaster, grill, or inside a preheated oven at 355 F (180 C) for 5 minutes.
- When bread is ready, spread your pesto on the bottom bun. Then add rucola, tuna salad, avocado slices, and tomato slices og tomatskiver. Top with the upper half of the bun which also gets a spread of pesto.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe for Avotuna
Here you get the recipe for a delicious and easy avocado tuna sandwich which we’ve titled the Avotuna. It is very easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. While I personally looove the tuna sandwich at Subway’s, here you actually know you are getting real tuna in your tuna sandwich!
This is just such a simple and quick thing to make and it’s full of both creamy goodness and healthy, tasty veggies that add a wonderful crunch and flavor. It’s a great sandwich for lunch as well as dinner. You can make them in just 20 minutes. It really doesn’t get much better than a delicious dinner in under half an hour!
The tuna salad is made with canned tuna, creme fraiche, fresh dill, and red onion. It’s a very simple and super tasty tuna salad to make, and you can use it in many other things such as a pasta salad, regular salad, tuna melt sandwich etc. The bread we like to use is a stone oven baked wholegrain roll that becomes super nice and crispy when toasted. It’s one of our favorite kinds of bread to use for a sandwich like this one.
Healthy Tuna Sandwich
It is one of the best tuna sandwiches you can make if you ask us. You can of course also use other kinds of bread, and you can leave out rucola if you don’t like the flavor of this type of lettuce. You can also add other elements - for example pickled onions would be a great addition to the creamy tuna salad. Fresh cucumber would also be a nice veggie to add. So basically, feel free to use what you have available at home since sandwiches like this are a great way to use your leftover vegetables rather than having them go to waste.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!