Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 45 minutes — Total time: 60 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Simple recipe for a true classic; breaded pork patties that are crispy outside and juicy inside (called a “karbonade” or “krebinet”). Served with boiled potatoes and a delicious, creamy white sauce with stewed peas and carrots. This is easy and super delicious dinner when it’s best.
8.82 (250 g) ground pork
2.47 oz (70 g) bread crumbs
0.7 oz (20 g) butter
1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
Stewed peas and carrots
0.44 oz (12.5 g) butter
1.5 tablespoon flour
0.42 cups (1 dl) milk
0.42 cups (1 dl) water
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
2.29 oz (65 g) frozen peas
2.29 oz (65 g) carrots
1.1 lb (500 g) potatoes
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
- Peel potatoes and carrots.
- Find your favorite sharp kitchen knife from KUMA and slice carrots into small dice.
- Add diced carrots and whole potatoes to each their own pot of water and bring to a boil until tender. The carrots won’t need much time. Remove from heat and drain water when they’re soft. Put them aside.
- Wash the frozen peas in lukewarm water until defrosted. Drain from water and put aside with the carrots.
- Divide ground pork into 4 balls and form them into patties. Beat an egg in a bowl and pour breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper into a second bowl. First cover each patty in the egg and then cover it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat up a pan greased with oil or butter on medium heat and fry each patty for 4-5 minutes per side until they get a good color and are cooked inside. Remove from the heat and let them rest on the pan.
- Now we make the sauce. Mix the bouillon cube with boiling water in a bowl. Heat up a small pot with butter.
- Add flour to the melted butter and whisk it into a butter ball.
- Add milk and bouillon water little by little while whisking. Stir and whisk well so you avoid lumps and avoid burning the sauce. Taste with salt and pepper. Finally add the boiled carrots and peas.
- Serve the meal with boiled potatoes, crispy pork patties and a nice portion of peas- and carrot stew. YUM!
Recipe for Danish “karbonader” or “krebinetter” with stewed peas and carrots
Karbonader / krebinetter are breaded juicy pork patties that are fried crispy. In Denmark these belong under the category “real grandmother food”. This is Danish food when it is best - true, authentic and classic. When you have these ground pork patties you serve them with potatoes and this white sauce containing peas and carrots. It is so incredibly delicious and I promise you will love it. There’s juice and there’s crispiness. There’s fat and salt. And there’s a creamy heavenly sauce with boiled, sweet peas and carrots. It all goes absolutely perfectly together.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!